The key to sustainability for any company or brand today is to separate itself from the crowd with prestige and sophistication. The onslaught of Amazon has caused many industrial giants to fall, but can those who had established a strong brand name and a reputation stand the wrath of an ever-growing consumer hypnotist: Introducing the Ralph Lauren Brand.
Born in the New York, Bronx on October 10, 1939, Ralph Lauren became one of the most popular US fashion designers as well as philanthropist, business executive, and entrepreneur. Vision, fashionable innovation and the continuous development of a strong brand image are the silver and gold nuggets that helped Ralph Lauren from the ashes to the top of the fashion industry.
Timeline of Product Expansion & Growth
Ralph Lauren made himself nationally known when he introduced a dynamic collection of menswear polo in 1968, followed by a timeline of success:
- In 1971, Introduced tailored shirts for women along with Polo player emblem
- In 1972, Introduced distinctive cotton mesh polo shirts in a variety of vibrant colors, with the player logo centered in the chest
- In 1974, Ralph Lauren designed clothing specifically from his polo line for the male cast of the movie, the Great Gatsby. The suits and sweaters were designed to represent the fashion style of the 1920s.
- In 1978, the only designer to launch the Ralph Lauren brand of fragrance, including fragrance for women and Polo for men within the same month.
- Opened the first flagship in the Rhinelander Mansion in New York in 1987
- Launched first 98-seated restaurant in 1998 in New York on the corner of Chicago and Michigan Ave, followed by others.
Not only is Ralph Lauren a highly known fashion designer, but he is also known for his philanthropist contributions to society, programs which include:
- Nina Hyde Center for Breast Cancer research
- Volunteer Program, creating to inspire and connect working communities
- The American Heroes Fund as a response to the September 11, attack, a program which empowered polo fans to join the relief efforts.
- The Polo Fashion School, designed to introduce fashion to inner-city youth
These above are only a few changes making endeavors initiated by Ralph Lauren. His fashion, contributions, and awareness of the human condition have help built his reputation as a great American icon on several levels.
Ralph Lauran brands include Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, and Purple Label. These brands stand out from the crowd and capture the hearts of customers.
Superior Range of Products
- Polo Shirts
- Casual shirts
- Jackets, Coats, and vests
- Jeans and Denim
- Pants & Chino
- Pajamas and Robes
- Underwear and undies
- Romantic military for women
- Shirts and blouses
- Socks and tights
- Watches and fine jewelry
Line of Shoes
- Casual shoes
- Dress Shoes
The choices relating to the Ralph Lauren Brand is vast. The strength of the brand is still holding strong, a global multibillion-dollar enterprise. In July 2017 he brand was estimated to possess a net worth of US$ 5.8 billion.
For customers who desire a look of sophistication and want to identify with an exceptional brand, the Ralph Lauren brand will provide the appearance and reputation you’re looking for. Brand names come with expensiveness, but a brand the inspire pride, confidence; distinctness is well worth the costs related to the brand.